Thursday 7 February 2013

#R2BC Reasons to be Cheerful - Silver Linings

I'm feeling like a good blogger this week - here I am again! I really don't know how I am going to keep up the blogging when I go back to work but hopefully I will be on a roll by then.

Yesterday was one of *those* days, but today we have got back into the swing of things and I know I have loads to be cheerful about this week - I've decided to blog about those two-sided things that are a bit ambivalent - let's call this a silver lining post.

1. As you can see from yesterday's post, Harry split his head open yesterday. I would be an evil mum if I was cheerful about that, right? Well... obviously I'm not happy he hurt himself (although your first trip to A and E is a bit of a milestone - and one he has beaten me to I think!) and aside from the 'I'm thankful it wasn't worse', I have actually found some things to be cheerful about! First, Harry was a absolute angel at the hospital. I was so, so proud of him! He was so grown up whilst the nurse cleaned him up and attached the steri strip. I really could have burst with pride - he is only two after all, and it must have been a bit scary. Even though I was trying to keep myself calm, I was, admittedly, in a bit of a state. Secondly, I was really reminded of the goodness of human nature yesterday. Really, the people working at Splodges Softplay could not have been kinder to me - dishing me up a 'crisis cup' of tea and really helping me calm down. Equally, the nurses at the hospital really took the time to check I was OK, and I'm sure that's not easy in a busy A and E department. So there was actually quite a lot to be cheerful about!

2. Archie destroyed and ate the Poinsettia that was in the fireplace yesterday. Please don't tell me they are poisonous as I am already feeling like a bad mother! Ian whipped the vacuum cleaner out (bless him) and cleared up for me as I imagine our white rug looked like it had seen better days. So, what makes me cheerful about him trashing the place? Well, it means my little tiny baby is growing up and getting independent - last night he demonstrated his commando crawling that he has been keeping sneakily under wraps (hence the poinsettia incident). That is, of course, bittersweet - but who doesn't want to see their little ones making leaps and bounds of progress?

I'm looking forward to reading everyone's Reasons to be Cheerful this week - please leave a comment here if you've read mine - especially if you have any silver lining reasons to be cheerful :-)

8 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Lucy, I did giggle at him eating the plant, bless cheeky Archie, well done on the crawling! Poor baby Harry I hope he's feeling better after his A&E adventure! Don't forget you can schedule posts, so if you have a few moments you can write posts and schedule them for the days that you'll be too busy to sit and write x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did know about the scheduling posts but some weeks it just seems like too much to fit in any writing at all!!

      Oh, Archie is so so mug naughtier than Harry ever was already - really going to have my work cut out with that one.

      Harry is fine. Love how you still call him baby Harry - he still is to me too x

      Delete
  2. aww glad Harry is ok, he sounded very brave at the hospital bless him...i will look forward to reading more of your posts..i hope you all have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! As usual I can't wait for the weekend and some daddy time lol x

      Delete
  3. Sounds like lots of adventures have been had, glad you have found cheer in it all, it's great to see them grow and become more independent though. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great but a bit scary lol - what am I going to do with two little monkeys running around! Can't believe arch will probably be walking this summer!

      Delete
  4. Aw, I'm glad to hear he's okay. Hope he's healing well. We had to take our youngest to A&E a while back (he was about 18mo) because he did something similar and split his head open. It's scary but I can understand your reasons to be cheerful on that one. Have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So scary when your kids hurt themselves. Honestly, seeing his insides just makes me all wobbly, poor baby!

      Delete