Thursday 27 September 2012

Reasons to be Cheerful

This is going to have to be a super quick one this week, as I am very busy!

1. I am starting breastfeeding peer support training this morning - I wanted to do this after having Harry, but unfortunately the actual training sessions took place after I returned to work on a day I was working which was a realy shame. I am really hoping that this time round I am going to be able to complete the training and get the qualification, I'm sure it will be an eye opener!

2. I am starting to fit back into some of my 'fat' clothes! It makes such a change to be able to thrown on a pair of jeans or trousers instead of wearing leggings and tunics all day everyday. I'm not overly fussed about my weight - I'm more interested in staying fit, but it's horrible when you have a wardrobe full of nice clothes that you can't wear. I'm still a little way off fitting in some things - yesterday I was going into work, and couldn't quite get away with the trousers I wanted to wear (I could fit them on but they were a little bit figure hugging!) but I am getting there.

3. I finished another 'week' of Couch to 5k. I'm not getting through them quite on a weekly basis but there are only two weeks of the programme left. It's getting hard, but I am determined to complete it. Then I can join my local Park Run - exciting! I only hope I can make it 5k without collapsing!

Lookin forward to reading everyone else's R2BC!

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are doing a superb job of weight loss and getting fit - send some motivation my way please :)
    Good luck with the group x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! My main aim is to get fit, and it seems to be working - today I ran for 28 minutes, which I am sure is further and longer than I have ever run in my life before! If you want motivation you should try the podcasts, they really work!

      Delete
  2. I hope your training goes well. Would be lovely know what is covered. Keep up the momentum with you r run :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the training starts in a couple of weeks - I am so excited about getting my work book, I love learning things! I will keep the blog upated!

      Delete
  3. yay on getting there with the clothing dept :) and good on you for doing the Couch to 5K! I want to try that after the little is born x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got told off by the doctor for starting too soon after baby - apparently you are supposed to wait until 3 months - who knew? But I was so inspired by the olympics, I am glad I didn't wait. I would recommend the podcasts to any one!

      Delete
  4. Exciting on the breast feeding work. And well done on the weight. I ought to look into that couch thing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. well done for fitting back into your old clothes, what a great feeling that is! The couch to 5K sounds interesting, good for you! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has really worked for me so far - cant believe I can run for 28 minutes!

      Delete
  6. good luck with the peer support training, I was going to do that after my third but then life got in the way and I couldn't attend the trainning! gowell done on the couch to 5k too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three very inspirational reasons :) good luck with all of them x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your BF peer supporter training, what a fab thing to do. Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Really looking forward to training!

      Delete