Thursday 8 November 2012

Reasons to be Cheerful

I've been a very poor blogger recently, and I have lapsed in my regular posts, but normal service will resume from now!

1. One of the reasons my blog has been neglected recently is because we have been really busy - a real reason to be cheerful if there ever was one! We have been down on a holiday to visit 'Gran and Grandad Ford' (yes, he names them after the car brand they own!) in Cornwall, where we also spent time with one of my sisters and three of her children. Harry had teenaged playmates for the whole week, and Archie had his own personal sleep-inducing carrier in my 16 year old nephew! They were a massive help, it is always so relaxing to spend time with my family as they help so much with the little ones! Before that I had my other sister and her partner to stay for a couple of days, which was great as well. It's so nice to have a guest room in our new house, as I have a lot of family who I love to have to stay!

2. Another reason we have been busy is that Harry is potty training! I'm so proud of him, we have been going just over a week, and we have had hardly any accidents! And today he managed to ask to use it when he needed it, which was great. Up until now, I have been trying to anticipate his needs - very tricky with a toddler who doesn't want to stop playing! Small pants are very very cute, lol! I'm pleased we are getting it out of the way, as my 'deadline' was training him by the time he went to pre school in May, but in the end we both gave in to peer pressure when all his buddies were wearing pants. We are still working on his independence. I think it's going to be a while before he can go by himself, seeing as he can't even take socks, wellies or crocs off by himself - let alone trousers and pants!

3. My third reason to be cheerful this week is that Harry has started with his new childminder. His old childminder was great, but we are keen for Harry to start preschool when I return to work in May, and she wasn't going to be able to pick him up and drop him off for us. I am extremely thankful to a friend of mine who put us in touch with our new childminder. Harry had his first day today and loved it. She has a fantastic set up and I am so pleased I have found somewhere for my boys where I know they will be loved and cared for just like home. Archie will be starting there when I go back to work just before he turns a year, but he will have his big brother there before and after school to look after him.

10 comments:

  1. Aww, lovely reasons to be cheerful. Yay for the holiday! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we had a lovely time! It's so important for me to try to see my family, but tricky as we are spread all over the place...

      Delete
  2. Lovely reasons! Cornwall is lovely isn't it. A good child minder is worth their weight in gold - they can have such a positive impact. My little on went to a child minder too, and she loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grew up there and it is lovely to go back. I don't think I could ever live in a city, it's just not me!

      Childminders are great, I loved the one to one, loving attention he got as a little one. I'm really looking forward to working with our new childminder, she is so lovely and Harry has bonded with her straight away.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Such a superstar (superspark!) - can't claim any credit for it myself...

      Delete
  4. aww really great reasons, glad you had a lovely holiday xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so important to spend time with family, Harry absolutely adores spending time with his cousins.

      Delete
  5. Lovely you have family around you.
    Always impressed by people who do well with potty training, such a challenge I found.
    Good reasons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are so lucky to have my husband's family close to us, but it's nice to see mine too. They are all teachers though so we can only see them in school holidays! My entire family is baby crazy, so always so great to just hand the little ones over into a loving pair of hands.

      Delete